Here are two ideas to help you kick-start your career in 2014:
1. Apply for the Chester Difference Award – Deadline Friday Jan 10 2014
We mentioned The Chester Difference Award back in October 2013…..we’re now accepting additional applications:
· Download The Chester Difference Award application form from: http://www.chester.ac.uk/careers/chester-difference-award
· Tell us in no more than 150 words why you would like to gain the Award.
· E-mail your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date
2. Get involved in Volunteering
Research carried out by Reed on behalf of Timebank suggested that 73% of employers would choose a candidate with voluntary experience over one without.
Here at the University of Chester we provide information on local vacancies and run UCV (University of Chester Volunteering) – a scheme where students register, record their volunteering hours and then apply for awards.
Some examples of activities students have previously been involved in: http://vimeo.com/71327723
To find out about local volunteering opportunities including our School Mentoring programme and registering for UCV:
· Call into Martin 012 (Warrington Campus) or Beswick 010/2 (Chester Campus)
· Email h.nodwell (Warrington Campus) or student.skills (Chester campus)
Alternatively, you could search for local volunteering opportunities via www.do-it.org then register with UCV once you find a suitable opportunity.