You may have noticed messages on screens around campus and on our facebook and twitter feeds recently highlighting our vacancies and events portal.
Our portal has jobs to suit current students, paid internship opportunities and graduate vacancies.
Here in Careers and Employability we:
· Screen vacancies according to our vacancy advertising policy before we advertise them
· Advertise vacancies which we’ve personally received from an employer as well as subject-specific vacancies which we’ve found online and feel might be of interest to University of Chester graduates
· Often have a good understanding of what the employers are looking for and so can advise you on your applications.
We currently have 345 vacancies on our vacancy portal including:
· Junior Business Psychologist for an assessment development and research organization
· Transport Co-ordinator (Graduate Trainee) for a transport company
· Family Intervention Worker for a Local Authority
· Graduate Graphic Designer for a drinks company
Tips on getting the most from our vacancies portal:
· You’ll need to register and generate a user name and a password before you can view the vacancies
· You can opt to receive vacancy alerts just from the University of Chester database (those vacancies we’ve uploaded), or to receive vacancies from all the University Careers Services who use the same vacancy system:
· You may decide to limit your alert settings to just one or two occupational sectors (e.g. ‘creative arts’ and environment) if you want to keep the frequency of alerts to a manageable level (you can always change this at a later date if necessary)
· If you have any technical issues or want to ask a question, you can email careers, call into Careers and Employability (opposite Binks Building at Chester Campus/Martin 024 at Warrington, or ring 01244 513 066/01925 534 235 – we are open during term time and also during University vacation times.