What is Work Shadowing?
It is a fantastic opportunity for you to meet an employer for a half or full day, or speak to an employer via an information telephone interview to gain first-hand advice and/or experience from those already working within your ideal career area.
What is the benefit of Work Shadowing?
Not only will it help you gain an insight into your chosen career it could also…
· Help you decide if your chosen career path is right for you
· Provide you with a valuable networking opportunity
· Apply the theory of your course to a practical, working relationship
· Learn more about your chosen career in just one day
· Gain practical knowledge of working in a particular role or business sector
How can I arrange a Work Shadowing opportunity?
1. VISIT CAREERS AND EMPLOYABILITY FOR A LIST OF AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES!
A list of available work shadowing visits can be found on our website. We offer a wide range of opportunities which our Work Shadowing Team can help organise on your behalf. If you spot your ideal visit, please download and complete the registration form from the website, and return the completed form to us via e-mail unijob or hand it in at the Careers and Employability Centre.
2. ORGANISE YOUR OWN WORK SHADOWING VISIT
If you can’t find the visit you’re looking from on our list, you might want to consider organising your own. If this is something you’re interested in, why not attend the Organising Your Own Work Shadowing Visit trainingsession on Tuesday 18th March at 5:30pm. This session will provide valuable tips and advice which could be just want you need to help secure that ideal work shadowing opportunity!
To book onto this session you can;
Visit: The Careers and Employability Centre
E-mail: unijob with your name, student number and the name of the training session that you wish to attend.
Demonstrate initiative and seek a work shadowing opportunity today!