- Have a look at http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information–Advice/Working/Working-after-studies for information on working in the UK after your studies, including visa information.
- Create a LinkedIn profile on Linkedin.com. Have a look at https://students.linkedin.com/uk and book a place on our LinkedIn workshops via chester.ac.uk/careers/events for advice on getting the best out of LinkedIn.
- Join the University of Chester Alumni LinkedIn group to make links with former graduates who are now working in organisations which interest you.
- Work out which industries, roles and organisations you want to target before you start applying for vacancies: look through lists on sites such as http://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/ or http://www.milkround.com/. You may also find it useful to arrange an appointment with a Career Consultant to help you focus your ideas.
- If you’re looking for work in China, Bangladesh, Africa, India, Canada, or South East Asia, gradlinkuk.com has country-specific advice, vacancies and employer profiles.